Monday, May 21, 2012

Celebration Countdown


At the end of every school year I'm on the search for an interesting and creative way to bring the year to a close with my class.  I found this great idea on Pinterest of hanging balloons in the classroom with a fun activity in each balloon as a way to countdown until the last day.  Over the weekend I brainstormed 8 activities that I knew the kids would enjoy, jotted each down on a slip of paper, slipped each message into a balloon and hung them up.  Right away this morning the students noticed and wondered what was going on.  They counted 8 balloons and guessed that we would pop one for each day that is left in our school year.  They were half right, but they didn't realize all the fun that was to follow popping a balloon!

Today the message said "Write a letter to a Burro graduate."  The class was really excited about this, especially about hand delivering them tomorrow!  I happened to have fancy graduation paper on hand which always makes writing even more special!

No comments:

Post a Comment